The project is exactly what you’d expect: A viewer for JSON strings. The viewer comes in 3 flavors:
- A standalone viewer – JsonView.exe
- A plugin for Fiddler 2 (http://www.fiddler2.com) – FiddlerJsonViewer.dll
- A visualizer for Visual Studio 2005 – JsonVisualizer.dll
As you can see above, the viewer simply shows a tree structure representation of the JSON format, But it has a few other cool features:
- The Text View allows you to format the JSON string to make it more readable. It will also show you when there are errors in the string and try to show where the error is.
- A simple and easy to use Find dialog let’s you find nodes within the JSON structure.
- You can customize the viewer with 2 types of plug-ins:
- Text providers allow you to show a different text representation for a JSON node. In the above screen shot, notice that the @99976124000000@ string is also shown as (Ajax.Net Date: 12/08/2002..)
- Visualizers allow you to write custom UI that visualizes any JSON object in the way you find most appropriate. In this screen shot, notice how the grid node is shown on the right inside a List View control.
You can download the latest version from here. If you tried it, let me know what you think.